Industry Code of Conduct
Members of the Professional Ballooning Association of Australia undertake to uphold the industry Code of Conduct. The code was developed to ensure that industry stakeholders and the public can be assured of professional service, equality and fairness in their dealings with member organisations.
Professional Ballooning Association of Australia - Code of Conduct 2010
- A Member’s conduct should uphold the integrity, reputation and standing of the PBAA and of ballooning in general.
- Members shall seek at all times to ensure that they attain and retain the appropriate levels of expertise for the safe and efficient running of their flight operations and business. In addition they shall seek to ensure that employees have the appropriate skill levels for the efficient execution of their duties and if necessary provide the appropriate training to help in that attainment.
- A Member shall only perform those services, which are within the Member’s competence. Employees shall be trained and well supervised to ensure all duties are undertaken in accordance with the law and industry good practice.
- A Member will at all times act honestly and in such a manner that clients and customers are not misled.
- A Member shall not recklessly or maliciously injure the reputation, prospects or business of others.
- A Member shall not permit misleading statements or inaccurate information to be used in advertising or promotional material.
- A Member shall work cooperatively with landowners and strive to maintain the highest level of landowner relations. Ground crew shall be appropriately trained in Landowner Relations.
- A Member shall promptly communicate any amendments, additions or deletions to Sensitive Zones to all pilots and operators who fly in the vicinity of the Zone and to the person responsible for maintaining the local SZ register.
- A Member will take all necessary steps to bring this Code of Conduct to the attention of their employees and shall use their best endevours to ensure that such persons observe this Code.
- Members will assist the PBAA in the adherance by members of this Code. The PBAA committee, having duly and properly examined an alleged breach of this Code, may take such action as is deemed necessary.